Working at MTCC
What is it like to be a part of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre team? It’s working amongst a passionate crew that includes experienced culinary artists, talented event staff, and highly-skilled technical experts. It’s having a true sense of camaraderie, where fun is a part of the job. From our full-time employees to our part-time on-call employees, we are phenomenal because of our team. As our employees are the key to our success, we are continually working to ensure that our programs are aligned with our corporate mandate, vision & values.
For a behind the scenes look at our employees and their experiences at our Centre, follow our Instagram account @lifeatmtcc.
We take pride in ensuring our employees are provided with the continuous training and developmental opportunities. This ensures we are meeting our client’s need at all times by having knowledgeable employees available to provide one-stop solutions.
Employee Perks & Benefits
As an employee of the Centre, you have access to our expansive corporate discount program throughout the GTA. Full time employees are also enrolled in our comprehensive benefits program.
At the Centre, we believe a good work life balance is important. Our Social Committee plans year round events ranging from Christmas Parties, Toonie Lunches, BBQ events and summer activities such as baseball and golf tournaments.
Our collaborative culture is at the focal point of our internal employee recognition program which aims to highlight employees who continuously go above and beyond for our clients and help support one another.
Our Community Initiatives
- Annual fundraising events in support of the United Way, Children’s Wish Foundation and the Red Door
- Hands-on co-op work experience in most departments to students from Centennial College, Ryerson University, George Brown College and others
- Support hospitality students in colleges and universities through various award and bursary programs
- Donation by employees of their time and expertise through guest lectures, participation on advisory committees and boards
- An entrance scholarship awarded to children of Metro Toronto Convention Centre employees who are pursuing post-secondary education at the College / University level. Two scholarships are awarded each year