We take great pride in providing a premium experience for every event that comes through our doors. From our bright and modern spaces to our commitment to the highest quality service – we’ve earned our reputation as North America’s leading Convention Centre. The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is Canada’s largest convention facility covering over 2 million square feet.
With a team composed of highly-skilled members such as our dedicated personnel and expert culinary staff, our experienced professionals are always prepared to help make your event extraordinary. A dedicated Event Manager will be working by your side, ensuring that your event runs smoothly.
Professional, dedicated, and responsive. We live by these values to help make every one of our customers’ events memorable.
The MTCC’s North Building opened for business on October 2, 1984 with the formal dedication conducted by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The South Building was opened 13 years later, with the official opening by His Royal Highness, the Duke of Edinburgh on June 29, 1997.
The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is a Crown Corporation of the Province of Ontario. The creation of the MTCC was a joint effort between the Federal Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario, and the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto, with the intent of increasing tourism revenue to the City and Province.
The Metro Toronto Convention Centre has received many awards and certifications over the years including:
- 2020 Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO) Award of Excellence for Sustainable Tourism
- 2017 BOMA Outstanding Building of the Year Award (TOBY) – Public Assembly: This prestigious recognition is awarded to facilities with the highest levels of quality in many categories of building operations.
- 2017 BOMA Certificate of Building Excellence: Recognition of our high standards and excellence in areas including operations, community impact, sustainability, conservation and building management.
- 2017 BOMA BESt Platinum certification: Based on an impressive 93 percent score received in categories including energy conservation, waste reduction, indoor environment, and environmental management systems.
- 2016 The Canadian Association of Exposition Management (CAEM): The Give Back Award for our Corporate Social Responsibility Program which works to incorporate community involvement and social responsibility into the fabric of our culture.
- 2016 Meetings and Incentive Travel Reader’s Choice Award: Awarded as one of the top meeting venues for Service Excellence in Canada.
- 2014 Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC): LEED Gold Facility for Existing Buildings Certification for our South Building from LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), a highly rigorous international certification analyzing all operations and maintenance.
- 2012 BOMA BEST Level 3 Certification for Energy and Environmental Management: Recognizing and rewarding environmental leadership within the commercial real estate industry.
- 2009 BOMA Certificate of Building & Management Excellence and BOMA Building of the Year.
- 2008 Environmental Commissioner of Ontario Recognition Award: Awarded for our Zero Waste Events Program.
- 2007 AIPC Innovation Award: Awarded for recognizing the importance of green issues to congress centres through our Zero Waste Events Program.
- 2007 Green Toronto Award Recipient in the Market Transformation category: Awarded for utilizing market forces successfully to promote products, services and choices which lessen the impact on the environment and human health.
- 2006 Building Owners and Managers Association of Canada (BOMA) GO Green designation: Awarded for our role as a commercial building showing environmental leadership and best practices.
- 2006 Gold Award in the Ontario Waste Minimization Awards by the Recycling Council of Ontario: Awarded for our role as a provincial waste diversion champion and leader.
Thank you for your interest in the background and achievements of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.